Website Tesco PLC
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit an In – Store Technician. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Store Technician (or IST as we call them) is an integral part of this team, carrying out maintenance procedures, safely, in stores and office locations Working closely with the Store Leadership Teams, the In Store Technicians deliver statutory requirements and proactive planned maintenance promptly and in an efficient way ensuring the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
- Ensuring a safe environment for those who work and shop in Tesco. Taking ownership of the reactive and proactive maintenance activity, successful applicant will identify problems and implement effective solutions.
- Carrying out daily maintenance including but not limited to fire alarm testing, sprinkler testing, HVAC maintenance, building maintenance, electrical checks and checkout maintenance.
- Establishing effective relationships with key partners, communicating clearly on tasks and handling expectations where vital.
- Ensuring assets are fixed in line with the agreed SLA’s.
- Using the systems available to accurately record work completed and describing work which needs to be raised.
- Engaging with internal service teams and external contractors.
- Meeting the vital legal and compliance standards.
- Attending store meetings to ensure there is an understanding of maintenance issues and their level of urgency.
- Being aware of the cost implications and ensuring the most effective and efficient fix.
- Working to improve store profitability through following energy saving standards and ensuring energy faults are reported/fixed.
- Customer service, maintenance and/or engineering experience;
- Experience working remotely
- Good time management
- The ability to build long positive relationships
- Good communication skills
- An awareness of cost and budget controls
- Exposure to IT services e.g. Verisae
- Knowledge of up to date Health and Safety measures
- Full UK driving licence (essential)
- Relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ NEBOSH
- Experience prioritising multiple projects at one time or working in a fast paced maintenance department
Company: Tesco PLC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Inverness, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A